I took a stab at streaming raids to see what sort of performance hit I’d face and how it’d turn out. It was actually quite good but a few things that make me weary are:
1. Viewers could see Officer Chat.
2. Viewers could see Tells sent to me.
3. Viewers could hear Vent (really, our Vent raid conversations are often hilarious – it’s amazing we get stuff killed) but couldn’t hear me (there goes 90% of the entertainment value).
4. The recording stuck around afterwards but divided up into chunks.
5. You could hear my IM client pinging me.
Because of items 1 and 2, I ended up deleting the recording.
You’re all just going to have to miss me wiping the raid to a bad (and cocky) pull prefixed with, “I’m going to show off with my awesome pulling skills…” *plink* As I tag a Firelord who is on the other side of a group of Unbound Elementals and lag a little leaving me unable to Feign Death. This brought both sets of mobs over and rolled through the raid team (10 man… I think only six people were there though).