From the almighty UFTimmy, Captain of the Internet:
Go to your documents (usually C:\Users\<username>\Documents
Go to Elder Scrolls online
go to live
open up settings file
find SkipPregameVideos , change 0 to 1
Say good bye to the many videos at the start up of ESO.
Now for a few recommended sites:
- TES life – some of the best spoilers for Skyshards and Treasure Maps.. and quests.
- Tamriel Journal – another good info site
- Tamriel Foundry – yet another info site
- ESOHead – ZAM info site with Addons, DB (fueled by an addon) and other tools
Or ruin the view.
- AwesomeInfo – adds a bunch of information to the HUD, next to the compass; clock, back space alerts, research alerts, horse needs feeding, etc.
- FoundryTacticalCombat – adds scrolling battle text, a meter, different unit frames with numbers, buff pane, etc.
- LootDrop – turning autoloot on means not seeing what was looted, use this addon and it will display what was looted in the bottom right corner
- ResearchAssistant – adds icons to items signifying whether you have that item trait or not, also whether you should sell (Ornate trait) or deconstruct (Intricate trait).
- SlightlyImprovedExperienceBar – adds numbers and % to the XP bar, and the bar doesn’t always go away
- SousChef – marks Provisioning components with their item level if you have the recipe on that character; can be set to check recipes on other characters too
I tried the minimap but hated it (lots of errors) because it took away from the game. I’m happy there is no minimap, I never realized how much I looked at that in other games.
I also tried the Recount addon but decided there was little point right now (FTC adds one in with the more recent version).
Back to gaming…
(He closed his eyes as I took the picture…)
The first week was a bumpy road. I couldn’t settle on what I wanted to play, which group to be part of and everything was new and scary. I think once I started understanding the game more I starting enjoying it more.
I ended up focusing on an Imperial Dragon Knight in the Ebonheart Pact. The character build I’m going with has a mix of DK abilities but also a fair bit of Sword and Shield line. I’ve got a good balance of Stamina consumers and Magicka consumers. I’m solid as a tank, often soloing group content.
I’ve respec’ed once so far (33 skill points = 3300 gold) and dropped some of the starter abilities.
I’d write more, but I’d rather be playing… so I’m going to go play. 😛
I’m still around.
I often wondered if I’d blog as much if I were happier with various aspects of my life. Not to say bloggers are unhappy people, I just wondered if it was something I did because I was bored or lacking investment in what I was previously doing (or completely overwhelmed without sign of relief in sight).
I am definitely much happier lately. Less tired too. Still gaming, just not feeling as much of a need to talk about it as I did before (or time to do so).